There’s nothing worse than waking up late and realizing you have 10 minutes to tame your mane. You might feel resigned to letting your locks look like you just rolled out of bed (because you did), but there are options for you. Try one of these quick and easy hairstyles from our hair salon in Ridgefield that will have you looking like you put a lot of effort into your hair even when all you did was spend 10 seconds in front of the mirror.
The Messy Bun
The messy bun is a woman’s best friend because it gives you that chic look with very minimal effort on your part.
- Brush your hair into a high ponytail, then put a headband on about an inch from your hairline.
- Then, twist your ponytail into a bun, securing it with six-to-eight bobby pins around the edges.
- Finally, add some volume by sticking the end of a tail comb (or you could use a pencil, if you don’t have one) around the crown on your head and gently wiggling, tugging at your roots.
The Double Ponytail
This style takes your ponytail to the next level, making for a more voluminous look.
- Pull the hair above your ears into a half-up ponytail, leaving the hair underneath loose. Brush it gently with a boar-bristle brush to create a smooth appearance.
- Pull the rest of the hair underneath into a second ponytail immediately underneath the first one.
- Tease the top ponytail with a fine-tooth comb to add more fullness.
If you wake up and your hair is looking flat, the twist-and-pin is a great hairstyle for you.
- Brush your hair. Take a one-inch piece of hair next to your temple, and twist it away from the face.
- Secure the twist to your head with two bobby pins, placed in an X-shape.
The Knotted Low Bun
This is a sleek look that works perfectly for the office.
- Pull your hair back into a low pony, secure with an elastic, then braid it loosely. Secure the end with a clear plastic hair tie.
- Wrap the braid around the ponytail and secure it with bobby pins. Tuck any loose hairs in with additional bobby pins.
The Hair Headband
This is a great style if frizz is a problem for you.
- Start by separating out two half-inch, face-framing pieces of hair on either side of your head. Put the rest of your hair into a ponytail.
- Secure those two pieces at the nape of your neck with a small elastic, then release your ponytail so the hair falls loosely over the hair headband.
These hairstyles are a great way to look put together, even on the days when you feel anything-but. At Paris Salon, we always want to make sure your locks look wonderful, and a great haircut goes a long way towards the look you seek. Whether you need color, highlights, a cut, or deep conditioning, we can help. Contact us today for a hair salon in Ridgefield!